FunFit is a 1hr equipment and body-weight based exercise class which allows older adults to contribute to their weekly NHS physical activity targets.
Each class includes a cycle of exercises that provide benefits in the areas of muscle strength, balance, coordination, flexibility and fitness. The exercises are simple and easy to learn, and there are variations to cater for most physical restrictions. It is suitable for all levels. Mixed in is enjoyable music, variety (exercises changed weekly) and fun!
Florence Park Community Centre
Cornwallis Rd, Oxford OX4 3NH
Monday, 11.15 - 12.15pm
Harwell Village Hall,
High St, Harwell, Didcot OX11 0EX,
Mondays, 1.30 - 2.30
Radley Village hall,
Gooseacre, Radley, Abingdon OX14 3BL,
Tuesdays, 10.30 - 11.30
Marcham Centre, Barrow Cl, Marcham, Abingdon OX13 6TY,
Tuesdays, 12.30 - 1.30
Islip Village hall
Church Ln, Islip, Kidlington OX5 2TA
Wednesday, 12 - 1pm
HOW IT WORKS
- A FunFIT class will last for one hour.
- It will begin with 5 minutes of stretching.
- There will then be a cycle of 10 exercise stations which will be repeated twice (rest breaks in between each exercise).
- The class instructor will be focused on correcting technique and answering any queries you have regarding the exercise.
- The class will end with 5 minutes of stretching.